I’d avoid rejecting solely because the pin is approximate. Reject when the confirmed location falls outside the target area, or when clarification never arrives.
Could you add the salary range and whether this is office-based, hybrid or remote? It would also help to know who the agent reports to, the approximate team size and whether travel outside London is expected. Those details will probably determine whether otherwise suitable people apply.
Ask each firm to price the same written scope rather than comparing package names. Include the inspection, report deadline, one round of questions, availability for urgent clarification, estimated repair-cost commentary if offered, and the charge for further work. Keep questions and answers by...
I agree about preserving cash, but I’d be cautious about treating rejected offers as reliable pricing data. A rejection can reflect the amount, conditions, timing, chain position or simply the seller’s expectations. It tells you something about that particular negotiation, not necessarily what...
A condition allowance sounds logical, but I am not sure every buyer can negotiate on that basis. Someone dependent on finance may be unable or unwilling to carry uncertain works after completion, so walking away can be safer than offering less. Meanwhile, a seller who is prepared to wait may...
Choosing between tenure and micro-location as the first filter is awkward because either can distort the comparison. I would use a narrow compromise: put the four properties into one table and refuse to calculate an adjustment until the main differences are visible.
For each one, record whether...
My practical shortlist would be the provider who gives the clearest boundaries, not necessarily the longest list of services. Ask for a fixed written scope and fee, any likely add-ons, the inspection-to-report turnaround, a deadline for answering follow-up questions, and a fallback contact...
I’d put tenure ahead of micro-location until it’s confirmed. Is it freehold or leasehold? If leasehold, the remaining lease length and service charges could materially affect how buyers view £955,500. Parking rights and private outdoor space also need to be matched across the comparables...
I wouldn’t apply a flat price-per-square-foot adjustment here. With only one bedroom, buyers may not value every additional foot equally; the layout and whether the space can be used sensibly matter more. Treat the completed sale as the anchor and the asking prices as evidence of seller...
A condo may be easier to sell in some cases, but assuming that advantage here could be misleading. Who is the likely buyer for a 235 m² condo in that particular part of Madrid, and how does that group compare with buyers for the villa?
Layout, condition, exact location and price could outweigh...
If hidden damp or electrical work appears after strip-out, the £45,380 budget and 77-day programme could both fail before the visible finishes even begin.
This is a 750 sq ft detached London house. The planned work covers the kitchen, bathrooms, floors, decoration, electrical assessment and...
Keep three outputs separate: net property yield before financing, cash flow after financing, and return on your cash invested. Mixing them can make debt appear to improve the property itself.
First decide whether you are buying photography or appointing someone to help manage the sale. They should not be blurred into one fee.
For photography, I’d want the shot list, editing level, delivery date, image rights, all extras and a weather fallback in writing. Ask to see complete...
I’d keep at least half completely untouched as the emergency fund. From the rest, set aside moving costs and a repair pot before allocating anything to furniture; most non-essential furniture can wait. Also leave enough accessible for the first mortgage payment, the insurance excess and any...
Daniel’s distinction is important, although I wouldn’t dismiss seller motivation connected with the rental market. A useful next step would be to record new listings, withdrawals, the timing of the first price cut and whether buyers need financing. Also separate genuinely comparable homes by...