Recent content by MinaGale

  1. M

    Toronto 3-bed condo at C$1.343m: does C$4,632 rent work?

    What does the current condo fee include, and are you buying with financing? Those two facts could change the answer completely. Heat or water included in the fee is different from paying a similar amount for mostly common-area costs. Likewise, a deal that is marginal before debt can become...
  2. M

    New here: landlord in Doha

    I wouldn’t make a dataset the first stop. Completed prices are valuable, but warehouse properties can differ in ways that a simple price comparison may not capture. Start by writing down the characteristics and costs you need to compare consistently, then use market data to fill that framework...
  3. M

    Guess the sale price on this 5-bed townhouse

    I’m keeping my C$1,150,000, but I wouldn’t let one completed sale decide it unless the units are genuinely comparable. End position, fees, parking and layout could make two 5-bed townhouses behave differently. Hana’s point about usable bedroom size is important: the headline count alone doesn’t...
  4. M

    Completed a Vancouver country-home purchase: lessons from the offers that failed

    Focused assessment first where timing allows; a reserve based only on fear can be misleading. The clean takeaway from Leo’s experience is to turn uncertainty into named actions: who will clarify it, by when, whether it affects the purchase, and what cash must remain untouched afterward.
  5. M

    Does 69 days on the London market give buyers room below £783,900?

    I would not treat 69 days by itself as leverage. A seller who listed too high and has already cut the price may be more flexible, but an unchanged listing could belong to someone prepared to wait. Withdrawn stock also makes the visible market look healthier than it is. Compare the date and size...
  6. M

    Guess the sale price on this 5-bed townhouse

    C$1,150,000, driven by the large 2,580 sq ft floor area and the asking price. I’d like to know whether there are recurring townhouse fees, though. That missing cost could matter more to affordability than the fifth bedroom.
  7. M

    Independent inspection for a new-build 3-bed duplex in Montreal?

    One caution on waiting until near the end of the defect period: the home will have been through normal use, which can reveal drafts, drainage behaviour and seasonal issues, but responsibility may then be harder to separate from wear or maintenance. If possible, document condition at handover...
  8. M

    Your closing-price guess for this new-build flat?

    C$505,000, but I think Liam is treating 13 days as more informative than it is. My drivers are the asking price and the unusually tight floor area for the bedroom count. Before feeling confident, I’d want one nearby completed sale with similar size and to know whether this development has...
  9. M

    A clean inspection did not save our Montreal sale from financing trouble

    Before relaunching, I’d settle five items: updated comparable sales, one consistent explanation for the return, organized property information, preferred condition deadlines, and a method for comparing financing strength. Also decide in advance how you would handle a repair-credit request, even...
  10. M

    Porto mixed-use property snapshot — July 2026

    I would also separate genuinely mixed-use buildings from residential properties that merely include a small commercial unit. A change in the property-type mix—or in the proportion of listings near €685,400—could produce apparent price movement without comparable buildings becoming 9.2% more...
  11. M

    The inspection report changed how I see a C$35,100 cash buffer

    C$35,100 sounds comfortable until I list everything it may need to cover. That is approximately what would remain after the deposit and expected closing expenses if I bought a 3-bed villa in Calgary for about C$1,134,000. The lengthy inspection report has made me reconsider buying at my limit...
  12. M

    Negotiating on Montreal student housing after 50 days

    A practical approach would be to build two small sets: completed sales matching the immediate area and property condition, then withdrawn or still-active listings competing for the same buyers. Note original ask, reductions, total exposure including relistings, vacancy position and financing...
  13. M

    Is a sewer scope worth adding to an apartment inspection in Calgary?

    That’s the missing piece I hadn’t appreciated. I used “private sewer line” because that was how the inspection exclusion was described, but I haven’t confirmed whether the line serves only this apartment or is shared, nor who would pay for work. I’ll ask for the building’s drainage history and...
  14. M

    Is a sewer scope worth adding to an apartment inspection in Calgary?

    Paying for a separate sewer scope strains the cash I need for moving and immediate repairs; skipping it feels risky when a full line replacement has been estimated at C$10,800. Neither option is especially comfortable. This is an older 1,180 sq ft Calgary apartment, and the general inspection I...
  15. M

    Offering 10% below asking on a coastal Vancouver home — sensible or too aggressive?

    One other point: proof that financing is lined up is not the same as removing a financing condition. You can demonstrate that you’re organised while still protecting yourself if the property is appraised below the agreed price. Asking-price comparables won’t tell you whether that gap is likely.
Back
Top