For Sydney, I’d take the proposed wording to a local conveyancer before submitting anything. “Structural only” may sound reassuring while leaving disagreement over what counts as structural, especially when the concern could sit in shared parts rather than inside the studio. A pre-offer...
I wouldn’t dismiss the timing completely. If several genuinely comparable apartments are sitting and price cuts are arriving earlier, that can be an initial sign before completed sales catch up. But the number of new listings matters: a few slow properties in a thin market are not the same as...
With a possible move in five to seven years, I wouldn’t treat equity as the deciding factor. Separate mortgage principal from the actual costs of owning, then compare those costs plus buying and selling expenses with rent and the return your unspent cash could earn elsewhere. A short holding...
Renting looks safer to me, although I understand why ownership is tempting when some of the payment goes toward the property. The obstacle is the five-to-seven-year horizon: changing rentals is relatively easy, but buying and then selling commits you to costs that cannot be recovered.
I would...
The feeling alone doesn’t tell you much; the post-purchase numbers might. Work out what remains after moving costs, the first mortgage payment, insurance and any immediate repairs. If that leaves a credible emergency fund, this may just be the shock of turning a search into a commitment. I’d...
A weekday early evening would suit me better, ideally somewhere within an easy walk of a major train station. I’d keep the market discussion fairly short so there’s enough time for financing and questions; otherwise four agenda items could become rushed.