Recent content by patient_paper

  1. P

    Daft townhouse search: useful coverage, weak listing freshness

    Price per square metre may give false confidence if the underlying area fields are inconsistent. Were the adverts mixing internal floor area with other measurements, or were some simply missing an explanation? Until that is clear, I would keep a separate shortlist and compare only properties...
  2. P

    Raise a reliable tenant’s rent or accept the gap to market?

    Before sending a number, make a simple retention calculation: likely vacancy time, preparation work, advertising or administration, and the risk profile of a replacement tenant. Then compare that total with the extra R$25,680 per year. Also check the contract’s adjustment mechanism and notice...
  3. P

    São Paulo monthly property snapshot — April 2026

    There seems to be enough here for a provisional April entry, but not for a single market conclusion. I’d publish the three figures with question marks attached to their definitions, then request two additions: completed-sale comparisons and inventory movement from March to April. If source links...
  4. P

    São Paulo listings: headline prices versus the street-level picture

    I agree on narrowing the geography, but I wouldn’t dismiss 77 days as mostly a data-cleaning issue. Even after removing obvious duplicates, a long visible period can indicate that buyers have alternatives and are unwilling to accept the seller’s valuation. The useful split would be unchanged...
  5. P

    Rio townhouses around R$2.5m–R$3.76m: what explains the listings that sit?

    I would not put rental regulation first without knowing whether these are being marketed mainly to owner-occupiers or investors. With townhouses, “needs work” can conceal a wide range of costs and uncertainty. That alone can create a sharp divide between renovated homes and everything else.
  6. P

    Closed in Montreal after several offers: lessons from the process

    Congratulations. I would split the post-closing cash into separate buckets: known bills, moving costs and a repair reserve. Otherwise the first two can quietly consume the money intended for actual property problems. Did the inspection identify anything that you postponed, or is your reserve...
  7. P

    How should I frame a 7% below-asking offer on a Rio townhouse?

    The written offer could separate the commercial points clearly: R$5,208,000 price, evidence that financing is in place, your available completion range, a reasonable response deadline, and the conditions that remain. I would retain inspection and financing protection. Any deposit release or...
  8. P

    Rio de Janeiro mixed-use property snapshot — March 2025

    I agree on splitting the data, but I wouldn’t delay the March snapshot until completed-sale evidence appears. Keep the listing indicators, label them clearly, and add a compact table with neighbourhood, price band, property-type mix, first-listed date and latest observed date. Then record a...
  9. P

    Rent increase versus tenant retention for student housing in Rio de Janeiro

    Charging closer to R$24,840 may reflect the advertised market, but keeping the current R$20,950 could be worth more once turnover risk is counted. This is student housing in Rio de Janeiro, and the existing tenant has a strong payment record and looks after the property. I am considering a...
Back
Top