Condition may be hiding inside the price range. Two studios at similar asking prices are not equivalent if one is usable immediately and the other implies substantial work. Photos can understate that difference, so completed-sale comparisons should be matched as closely as possible by condition...
Haruto’s point about ordering early needs a caveat: reserve long-lead materials early if necessary, but avoid final dimensions until openings and rough locations are verified. A refundable reservation or later release date is safer than receiving something that cannot fit.
I would like this 240 m² Mexico City apartment to work, but the building finances may be the obstacle. Reserves look limited, exterior repairs are under discussion, and owners have informally mentioned an assessment of up to MX$864,000. There is no approved charge yet.
Before reacting to that...
I slightly disagree with using a personal holding period as the main comparison. It can make a weaker offer look better through an optimistic refinance assumption. Start with the lender's standardized annual cost figure, then model your own timeline as a second step.
I’m less confident that this is only property-level noise. Withdrawn stock can hide weakening demand, and 35 days may understate the real exposure if listings disappear rather than sell. Price-cut timing matters too: a reduction after two weeks suggests something different from one after several...
We want each property record to move cleanly from the first enquiry through viewings, documents and transaction updates. The obstacle is that most tools look convincing on their own, while the handoffs still require retyping or leave the next person without enough background.
Which integrations...
I’m considering student housing in Mexico City priced at MX$3,330,000 and trying to build a realistic cost checklist before proceeding. I have transfer tax, notary or legal fees, and registration on the list. What I cannot yet pin down is whether the ownership structure creates extra setup...
One caveat to my own list: don’t let the new-build label persuade you to use zero maintenance in the early years. Even if the flat itself needs little work, tenant changes can still bring cleaning, minor repairs and gaps in rent. I’d compare the stressed net cash flow with a simpler alternative...
That’s fair, but I would still treat the full payment as cash out when judging whether the property can support itself. Principal reduction can be shown separately in the return calculation. Otherwise it is easy to call a deal profitable while repeatedly contributing cash, especially when a...
The missing figures are gross rent, expected lease length and whether the 5.62% financing is amortizing. How much vacancy are you allowing, and does management include leasing costs when a tenant changes? A warehouse with one occupant can look fully stable until turnover creates a long gap, so...
There’s also a distinction between an accounting yield and usable cash flow. A repair reserve may make the model look conservative, but it cannot pay a financing instalment unless that money is genuinely set aside.
I’d request itemised annual costs, confirm whether any charges can vary, get an...
I keep changing my mind about whether this is too tight. I’m considering a 1-bed new-build flat in Mexico City for around MX$19,260,000. After the deposit and estimated closing costs, I’d have roughly MX$720,000 left, assuming no surprises.
How would you divide that between an emergency fund...