Could the comparison use pairs: similar neighbourhood, price band, type and condition, but different energy performance? It would remain imperfect, yet easier to interpret than one pooled median.
There is a seller-side reality too: an offer with a condition may still win if the buyer communicates clearly and meets deadlines. “Competitive” should not automatically mean “unconditional.”
I’m not convinced financing can be separated from condition that neatly. For an Amsterdam-Noord townhouse needing substantial work, buyers are weighing both the purchase financing and the uncertain improvement bill. That can look like weak demand even when the real issue is the total commitment...
What is happening to new-listing volume during those 49 days? If similar flats keep arriving faster than buyers absorb them, that strengthens your position. If few alternatives are appearing, an older listing may still have little competition. I’d also separate genuine price cuts from withdrawn...
What exactly does the 1.7% measure—asking-price movement, completed-sale prices, and over what period? That distinction matters. I’d also separate genuine time on market from listings that were withdrawn and later returned. Otherwise the 101-day figure may mix motivated sellers with stock that...
I would not present 61 days as representative of Rotterdam yet. Duplexes near €1,187,000 may behave quite differently from lower-priced stock, so the price-band mix could be driving both time on market and the financing observation. The same applies to 0.0% movement: is that based on original...
I’m comparing an 85 m² retail unit with a similarly priced new-build flat in Amsterdam. The retail unit initially looks easier to maintain, while the flat offers more control but could bring irregular shared-building costs.
My model includes lease length, insurance, energy use, tenant demand...
I would not assume buyers simply walk. After roughly 101 days, a motivated seller may engage with a documented estimate for necessary work, particularly if buyer financing limits the cash available after purchase. The timing of any price cut matters too: 101 days at one price is not equivalent...
I’d also avoid publishing a single neighbourhood conclusion from this. A useful next version would split the sample by neighbourhood, price band and property type, then show whether inventory rose or fell. Keep the headline figures, but attach the observation period, revision date and any...
The price-band mix could easily distort all three indicators. If more expensive or unusually slow listings entered the sample, 36 days would not necessarily mean demand weakened across Helsinki. Likewise, asking-price movement is not completed-sale evidence. Do you have counts for active...
To test seasonality, compare September 2024 with the same period in more than one earlier year using the same method. Comparing only August with September risks confusing a normal monthly pattern with a turning point.