Recent content by selma.crane

  1. S

    SEK 239,200 left after closing—enough for a studio and lease uncertainty?

    I’d be cautious about judging the reserve by the total alone. SEK 239,200 can look generous until moving, basic furnishings and an insurance excess all compete for it. Work out how much remains after those items, then compare that remainder with several months of essential household costs. If...
  2. S

    [For sale] 3-bed condo in Brussels — €478,400

    I disagree slightly with waiting for a complete document pack before viewing. If the location and layout work, an appointment can answer many condition questions quickly. Documents remain essential before making a commitment, but requiring all of them at the first-interest stage may discourage...
  3. S

    Helsinki new-build at €777,400 and €4,310 rent: what am I missing?

    Financing sensitivity deserves its own table. Keep the unleveraged net yield as the property test, then model debt costs and repayment separately. A flat can have an acceptable operating yield but poor cash flow under expensive financing—or the reverse can appear temporarily true if repayments...
  4. S

    Offering 11% below asking on a Brussels new-build flat at €234,600

    We are considering a new-build flat in Brussels listed at €234,600. It has been available for 47 days and still needs some updating. Nearby asking prices are similar, but I have not found enough completed sales to judge the actual clearing price. Would an opening offer 11% below asking be...
  5. S

    Comparing a 5.55% Malaysian mortgage once fees and LTV are included

    The 5.55% rate stopped looking straightforward once I saw which LTV band applied and how much the fees added. I’m comparing finance in Kuala Lumpur for a coastal home priced at about MYR 6,086,000, with the quote described as fixed over 20 years. What is the most useful basis for comparing it...
  6. S

    Belgium mortgage quote: how should I compare 6.76% fixed for five years?

    I’ve checked the 6.76% rate against the lender’s stated charges. What remains vague is the position after the five-year fixed period. The Brussels purchase is around €1,224,000, and the loan-to-value tier makes the offer less simple than the headline rate suggests. I’m comparing total fees...
  7. S

    More Chicago listings in March 2026, but is the mix actually improving?

    There is also a timing problem. March closings reflect decisions and financing conditions from earlier in the process, while March listings reflect current seller behaviour. Any policy or borrowing-cost change near that period may therefore appear in listings before it appears in completed...
  8. S

    Brussels rental at €220,800 and €1,154/month: does 6.3% gross survive the costs?

    My practical sequence would be: confirm the actual municipality and why it is described as coastal; verify whether €1,154 is supported for the proposed tenancy type; list every owner-paid annual cost; add purchase and initial works to the denominator; then test zero, one and two vacant months...
  9. S

    Brussels warehouses: flat movement and 72 days on market

    I wouldn’t read much into -0.1% by itself; that is effectively flat compared with the variation between individual warehouse deals. The 72-day figure also needs context: does it include relisted properties, and are withdrawn listings excluded? Which Brussels neighbourhood or commune are you...
  10. S

    First Brussels villa purchase: what the rejected offers taught me

    Unexpected fees are another reason to keep updating the total rather than relying on the first estimate. I would ask for an itemised figure before the final document week, then ask what remains provisional. The exact Belgian costs and responsibilities depend on the transaction, so any...
  11. S

    First Brussels villa purchase: what the rejected offers taught me

    Yes, that is the better formulation. Responsibility cannot be transferred just because it appears on a buyer’s spreadsheet. The practical value is seeing when nobody is actively following up. I would also include a fallback contact and the latest date at which a delay starts affecting completion...
  12. S

    First Brussels villa purchase: what the rejected offers taught me

    A simple timeline can expose that. List each remaining item, the person or organisation expected to provide it, who must respond, and the date needed to keep completion on course. The important part is following dependencies: lender timing may affect documents, which may then affect moving...
  13. S

    How much of a DKK 260,300 post-closing buffer should stay untouched?

    I agree that furniture should be delayed, but I would not assume every item in a frightening inspection report deserves a cash allocation. Sort the findings into urgent, monitor and cosmetic, then obtain estimates for the urgent group before committing. That said, the buffer is small relative...
Back
Top