Recent content by wild_grove

  1. W

    November 2025 Miami condo notes: variation or an early shift?

    Adding withdrawn properties creates another question: does the apparent pattern remain once the sample is divided into tighter neighbourhood and building groups? I’d make one row per unit and record the original and latest asking prices, first reduction date, completed figure where known...
  2. W

    Comparing a 7.10% 30-year fixed quote on a $500,000 New York purchase

    I’d ask why the advertised rate did not apply. Was it tied to a different LTV, points, loan size, or another assumption? That answer may reveal whether you are comparing equivalent offers.
  3. W

    How would you frame a 6% below-asking offer on this Hong Kong villa?

    I’d avoid making 6% sound like a formula. Ask the agent for the closest completed transactions they can identify, including the sale dates and meaningful differences in condition, size and location. Asking-price comparisons mostly tell you what other sellers hope to receive, not what buyers have...
  4. W

    [Wanted] 2-bed home near Austin, budget $1,145,000

    On bedroom layout, do both rooms need to function as full bedrooms? Some listings may treat a small office, loft or pass-through room as the second bedroom.
  5. W

    Would appreciate a second opinion: offering 12% below asking on a villa in Amsterdam — sensible or too aggressive?

    Useful points. We don’t yet know the seller’s preferred completion date or whether earlier offers failed, so I’ll ask those questions before submitting anything. The updating has not been properly costed either. I can provide financing evidence, but I’m not willing to promise that we’ll fund an...
  6. W

    Would appreciate a second opinion: offering 12% below asking on a villa in Amsterdam — sensible or too aggressive?

    We’re considering an offer on an Amsterdam villa listed at €1,058,000. It has been available for 109 days and needs updating. Nearby asking prices look similar, but I haven’t found enough completed sales to judge the actual clearing price. Our financing is solid and we can be flexible on...
  7. W

    Doha November 2024: is the 10.8% asking-to-sold gap meaningful?

    Sample size matters here, as does the exact November cut-off. How many country homes produced the 75-day estimate, and were they concentrated in one part of Doha? Relisting can also reset the visible marketing period. I’d want the original listing date, final asking price and any later revisions...
  8. W

    Is $10,000 enough cash to keep after closing on a New York studio?

    I would only call it reasonable if most of the $10,000 can remain an emergency fund. Furniture can arrive gradually; an urgent repair, insurance deductible or unexpected building charge cannot. Get a real moving quote, confirm when the first mortgage payment is due, and separate essential...
Back
Top