I’m comparing a 165 m² new-build flat with a similarly priced townhouse in Helsinki. The flat appears easier to maintain, while the townhouse seems to offer more control at the cost of potentially larger, irregular bills.
I’m modelling maintenance, insurance, energy use and resale liquidity. I’d also like to understand shared-building reserves, management workload, tenant demand and vacancy risk. Which costs or responsibilities tend to be underestimated after the first year?
This purchase would be outside my home country, so I’m particularly wary of assuming that ownership and management work the way I’m used to.
I’m modelling maintenance, insurance, energy use and resale liquidity. I’d also like to understand shared-building reserves, management workload, tenant demand and vacancy risk. Which costs or responsibilities tend to be underestimated after the first year?
This purchase would be outside my home country, so I’m particularly wary of assuming that ownership and management work the way I’m used to.