I have compared the obvious running costs, but I still do not understand what our adviser considered potentially problematic. The choice is between a 75 m² warehouse and a similarly priced townhouse in Marrakech.
At first glance the warehouse has fewer routine maintenance demands. That advantage could disappear if it is part of a shared complex with weak reserves, or if the roof, access, ventilation, electrical supply or a tenant’s fit-out needs major work. The townhouse gives more control, although repairs may be spread across more parts of the property.
My model covers maintenance, insurance, energy use, vacancy, tenant demand and resale prospects. Before going further, I plan to ask whether the warning concerned condition, permitted use or the ownership structure. What else belongs on the inspection and document checklist, particularly for costs that tend to emerge after the first year?
At first glance the warehouse has fewer routine maintenance demands. That advantage could disappear if it is part of a shared complex with weak reserves, or if the roof, access, ventilation, electrical supply or a tenant’s fit-out needs major work. The townhouse gives more control, although repairs may be spread across more parts of the property.
My model covers maintenance, insurance, energy use, vacancy, tenant demand and resale prospects. Before going further, I plan to ask whether the warning concerned condition, permitted use or the ownership structure. What else belongs on the inspection and document checklist, particularly for costs that tend to emerge after the first year?