Our offer accepts the townhouse in its present condition but also includes an inspection contingency. The seller is now treating any request for information or a credit as violating the spirit of the offer.
I took “as-is” to mean our price assumed no routine repairs, while the contingency preserved a decision to walk away if inspection uncovered something major, including a serious transaction-fees issue. I know the exact wording and local jurisdiction control, but how would you separate those two ideas in practice? The response deadline is approaching, and this feels much less clear now than it did when we submitted.
I took “as-is” to mean our price assumed no routine repairs, while the contingency preserved a decision to walk away if inspection uncovered something major, including a serious transaction-fees issue. I know the exact wording and local jurisdiction control, but how would you separate those two ideas in practice? The response deadline is approaching, and this feels much less clear now than it did when we submitted.