The surprising result was that 86 days on the market told me very little once condition differences were separated out. I am looking at a small group of Austin apartments between $708,000 and $1,062,000 while trying to test the reported 5.4% movement.
The unresolved variable is the recurring service charge—or association dues, if that is the better local term. I cannot tell from active listings whether buyers are lowering their offers to reflect the monthly cost, seeking a separate seller concession, or declining to bid at all.
Completed sales with similar dues would be more persuasive than current asking prices. I would also like to compare first reduction dates, withdrawn properties, neighbourhood boundaries and any signs of seller motivation. Is there enough evidence in those records to isolate the effect of the dues, or is the sample too mixed by location, financing and condition?
The unresolved variable is the recurring service charge—or association dues, if that is the better local term. I cannot tell from active listings whether buyers are lowering their offers to reflect the monthly cost, seeking a separate seller concession, or declining to bid at all.
Completed sales with similar dues would be more persuasive than current asking prices. I would also like to compare first reduction dates, withdrawn properties, neighbourhood boundaries and any signs of seller motivation. Is there enough evidence in those records to isolate the effect of the dues, or is the sample too mixed by location, financing and condition?