Bangkok inventory shifted in April 2025 — what are you seeing?

A 38-day sale period sounds encouraging, but I’m hesitant to call it a Bangkok-wide shift. In the April 2025 listings I’ve followed, tidy condos have moved relatively quickly, while properties needing attention have lingered.

A rough comparison also suggests a 2.6% difference between advertised figures and completed prices, although relistings and mismatched property groups could distort that. Has anyone seen the same pattern at neighbourhood level? I’m trying to separate an April seasonal effect from genuine regional variation, so details from completed sales would be more useful than broad market summaries.
 
Before interpreting it, how are you defining both numbers? Is 38 days measured from the first listing, or from the latest relisting? And is the 2.6% a comparison of each property’s final asking price with its sale price, or two separate medians? Those approaches can produce very different stories.
 
Sample size and property mix matter too. Are these mostly similar condos, or are new units, resales, different price bands and various parts of Bangkok being combined? A small cluster of clean, correctly priced condos could pull the average down without indicating a wider shift.
 
Exactly. I’d also resist choosing between seasonality and selectivity from one month. April 2025 could be a real turning point, but one monthly snapshot cannot separate that from timing noise. March-to-May transaction volume and the number of withdrawn listings would make the 38-day figure more meaningful.
 
Completed-deal information may also lag the listing market. A sale recorded or reported in April might reflect negotiations that began well before the April inventory change. Comparing April listings directly with April completions risks mixing different groups of properties.
 
Faster sales do not necessarily mean stronger demand. In a thin month, a few attractive units can sell quickly while most inventory goes nowhere. I’d want the count of sales alongside median days, plus how many listings expired, disappeared or were repriced.
 
There is another problem with “well-presented”: it can conceal pricing. A renovated condo may move in 38 days because the seller accepted the market early, not because buyers suddenly value condition more. Can the data separate physical condition from initial asking-price realism?
 
Did anything change around the measurement period that could have shifted buyer or seller timing—financing conditions, a policy announcement, or simply people bringing listings forward or delaying them? I wouldn’t assume an effect, but dates should be lined up before calling April a behavioural change.
 
I’m not convinced the 2.6% visible gap tells us much yet. Asking prices are editable, and unsuccessful sellers remain visible while completed deals leave the active pool. Unless each sold property is matched to its own listing history, the comparison may be selection bias rather than evidence of tighter negotiation.
 
A practical way forward would be a property-level table: area, condo type, resale or new, condition noted before the outcome, original ask, final ask, completed price, first-listing date, relist dates and completion date. Keep central and outer areas separate. Also preserve each data update so later revisions don’t silently change the April result.
 
These are fair challenges. I can’t yet give a defensible sample size or prove that the 2.6% compares matched properties, so I shouldn’t treat it as a citywide discount. I’m going to rebuild the April 2025 set around listing histories and separate completions from active inventory. I’ll also split condos by area, price band and condition rather than using one Bangkok figure.
 
That would make the result much more useful. I’d label April provisional until the delayed completions and revisions settle, then compare the same definitions across adjacent months. If the 38-day pattern survives with reasonable transaction volume and within several submarkets, buyer selectivity becomes a stronger explanation. If it vanishes after matching and segmentation, it was probably mix or seasonal noise.
 
Back
Top