emery_homes
Developer
I’m assessing a 3-bed townhouse in Bengaluru priced at ₹78,490,000, with expected rent of ₹207,500 per month. That is roughly a 3.2% headline gross yield. The building appears sound, but the development’s reserves and future maintenance obligations could materially alter the result.
My conservative model includes vacancy, management, routine maintenance and a separate allowance for one larger repair. Demand seems credible, but insurance and upkeep are not trivial. Which local cost am I most likely underestimating—property tax, association charges, tenant turnover or something else? Also, what net yield would justify the risk at this price?
My conservative model includes vacancy, management, routine maintenance and a separate allowance for one larger repair. Demand seems credible, but insurance and upkeep are not trivial. Which local cost am I most likely underestimating—property tax, association charges, tenant turnover or something else? Also, what net yield would justify the risk at this price?