The 6.1% gross yield looks attractive, but the rent assumption carries most of the case. I’m reviewing a Berlin one-bedroom new-build flat priced at €970,600, with expected monthly rent stated as €4,941.
The building appears sound, yet I do not have a clear split between rent and any included charges. My downside calculation allows for vacancy, management, routine upkeep, insurance and a reserve for a larger repair; after those deductions, the cash flow is far less appealing. I may also be understating non-recoverable building costs or property tax. Which figure would you verify first, and how would you decide whether the remaining net return justifies the risk?
The building appears sound, yet I do not have a clear split between rent and any included charges. My downside calculation allows for vacancy, management, routine upkeep, insurance and a reserve for a larger repair; after those deductions, the cash flow is far less appealing. I may also be understating non-recoverable building costs or property tax. Which figure would you verify first, and how would you decide whether the remaining net return justifies the risk?