drawsAndPebble
Property investor
I’m deciding whether to pursue a 2-bed coastal home in Buenos Aires at ARS 1,073,000,000. Expected rent is ARS 4,552,000/month, giving the broker’s headline gross yield of roughly 5.1%.
The building appears sound, but its reserves and future owner contributions could materially change the deal. My model already allows for vacancy, management, routine maintenance and one larger repair reserve. Before making an offer, what local ownership cost am I most likely understating—building expenses, insurance, property tax or tenant turnover? Also, what net yield would make this risk worthwhile to you?
The building appears sound, but its reserves and future owner contributions could materially change the deal. My model already allows for vacancy, management, routine maintenance and one larger repair reserve. Before making an offer, what local ownership cost am I most likely understating—building expenses, insurance, property tax or tenant turnover? Also, what net yield would make this risk worthwhile to you?