Buy a Buenos Aires detached home now or wait for prices to fall?

teaAndPath

Property investor
Established
I’m deciding whether to proceed with a suitable Buenos Aires detached home at ARS 882,000,000 or keep renting and wait for a possible fall. It is affordable for me now, but not cheap by historical standards, and borrowing costs have moved too.

For those who faced the same choice, what mattered most once a real decision was required: payment comfort, cash left after purchase, expected time in the home, or something else? I’m especially wary of treating “wait for a crash” as a plan when nobody can give it a date.
 
I’d put the time you expect to stay there and the financial buffer after buying ahead of any crash forecast. “Affordable” should still leave room for unpleasant surprises.

One caveat: what makes it look expensive historically? If that comparison comes from listings, check its source date and whether it uses asking or completed-sale prices. Buenos Aires neighbourhoods can move differently, and low transaction volume or seasonal noise can make a broad trend look more decisive than it is.
 
Back
Top