If I buy now and later discover that the loan only worked because I assumed an easy refinance, the mistake could be expensive to unwind. The Berlin property is €524,400 and the current financing quote is 5.58%. I can manage that payment, but waiting could mean either cheaper borrowing or stronger competition for the available homes.
What would you test before choosing? I’m thinking of a case where rates do not fall, a future reset is higher than hoped, and I need to sell sooner than planned. I also want to account for arrangement fees, any cost or restriction attached to early repayment, and the actual break-even point for refinancing rather than assuming a lower future rate automatically saves money.
Germany-specific considerations would be most useful; if a comparison relies on another country’s rules, please identify that.
What would you test before choosing? I’m thinking of a case where rates do not fall, a future reset is higher than hoped, and I need to sell sooner than planned. I also want to account for arrangement fees, any cost or restriction attached to early repayment, and the actual break-even point for refinancing rather than assuming a lower future rate automatically saves money.
Germany-specific considerations would be most useful; if a comparison relies on another country’s rules, please identify that.