I need to decide which mortgage quote is worth pursuing, and the trade-off is not simply rate versus payment. For a New York purchase of about $425,000, one offer is 3.55% fixed for 30 years, but its fees and loan-to-value bracket make it less straightforward than the headline suggests.
Would you compare the offers by APR, or calculate the cash paid and balance remaining at the point I am most likely to sell or refinance? I am also checking early-payment restrictions, portability and whether the monthly cost remains comfortable without assuming a future refinance. I want to avoid paying heavily upfront for savings that may take too long to recover.
Would you compare the offers by APR, or calculate the cash paid and balance remaining at the point I am most likely to sell or refinance? I am also checking early-payment restrictions, portability and whether the monthly cost remains comfortable without assuming a future refinance. I want to avoid paying heavily upfront for savings that may take too long to recover.