We need to choose a lender shortly, but the cheapest rate today may not be the least expensive loan if we move. The Tokyo purchase is around ¥33,660,000, and one proposal is 4.44% fixed over 30 years. Its fees and our loan-to-value band materially change the cost from the headline promotion.
I am thinking of comparing each offer over several plausible moving dates, including upfront charges, payments, remaining principal and any early-repayment amount. Portability could help, but only if it survives a change of property and a fresh assessment. Is that a better basis than relying mainly on APR? I will also confirm that the rate truly remains fixed for 30 years rather than resetting during the term.
I am thinking of comparing each offer over several plausible moving dates, including upfront charges, payments, remaining principal and any early-repayment amount. Portability could help, but only if it survives a change of property and a fresh assessment. Is that a better basis than relying mainly on APR? I will also confirm that the rate truly remains fixed for 30 years rather than resetting during the term.