The monthly payment is manageable, but I am not sure it tells us whether this is a good deal. The offer is for a Berlin purchase of about €1,012,000, at 4.74% fixed for 30 years. Once the setup charges and our LTV bracket are applied, it is less attractive than the initial pricing suggested.
How would you put this against competing offers: model several likely exit dates, focus on the fixed-term interest, or use another measure? I also need to establish what happens if we move, repay early or try to transfer the mortgage. A long fix protects us from a future rate reset, though that protection may be costly if our plans change.
How would you put this against competing offers: model several likely exit dates, focus on the fixed-term interest, or use another measure? I also need to establish what happens if we move, repay early or try to transfer the mortgage. A long fix protects us from a future rate reset, though that protection may be costly if our plans change.