CuriousRadar
Homeowner
The 5.47% rate is only attractive under a narrow comparison. My concern is that fees and the applicable loan-to-value band could make the apparently cheaper quote more expensive over the period I am likely to keep it.
I am comparing finance for a Madrid purchase of about €993,600, with this offer fixed for five years. Should I line up each option using upfront charges, monthly payments and the balance remaining after year five, while keeping APR as a secondary reference? That seems more useful than looking at interest alone.
I also want to compare the risks that do not fit neatly into one cost figure: what happens at the rate reset, whether portability is genuinely available, and how early repayment is treated. Monthly affordability matters now, but I do not want the plan to depend on refinancing being easy in five years.
I am comparing finance for a Madrid purchase of about €993,600, with this offer fixed for five years. Should I line up each option using upfront charges, monthly payments and the balance remaining after year five, while keeping APR as a secondary reference? That seems more useful than looking at interest alone.
I also want to compare the risks that do not fit neatly into one cost figure: what happens at the rate reset, whether portability is genuinely available, and how early repayment is treated. Monthly affordability matters now, but I do not want the plan to depend on refinancing being easy in five years.