The lender presents 5.61% fixed for five years as a competitive offer, but I am not convinced the rate tells the whole story. This is for a first New York purchase at roughly $300,000, and the fees plus the applicable loan-to-value band make the headline comparison less useful.
Should I rank quotes by APR, interest charged during those five years, or all cash paid over the same period? Portability and early-repayment conditions are part of the decision as well. The payment differences look manageable, so I am leaning toward flexibility rather than automatically choosing the lowest quoted rate, but I need a consistent comparison method.
Should I rank quotes by APR, interest charged during those five years, or all cash paid over the same period? Portability and early-repayment conditions are part of the decision as well. The payment differences look manageable, so I am leaning toward flexibility rather than automatically choosing the lowest quoted rate, but I need a consistent comparison method.