I want predictable monthly payments without giving up too much freedom. The obstacle is that the Hong Kong quote fixes 7.95% for 10 years on a purchase around HK$2,106,000, while the fees and borrowing band make the headline figure a poor guide on its own.
My instinct is to model what I would pay if I left early, stayed for a middle period or kept the loan for the full fixed term. Each case would include payments, upfront or financed charges, any exit cost and the balance remaining. Portability could then be judged separately rather than assigned an artificial cash value. What other figures are needed to make the monthly affordability and lender comparison reliable?
My instinct is to model what I would pay if I left early, stayed for a middle period or kept the loan for the full fixed term. Each case would include payments, upfront or financed charges, any exit cost and the balance remaining. Portability could then be judged separately rather than assigned an artificial cash value. What other figures are needed to make the monthly affordability and lender comparison reliable?