I want an agent who will manage the sale properly, but the proposals for my Utrecht country home describe very different jobs. The expected price is around €368,000: one agent has quoted a low percentage for a limited package, while the more expensive proposal covers marketing and support through completion.
I’m thinking of giving every agent the same checklist and asking for the total fee in euros. Beyond that, what evidence would help distinguish them? I could request completed sales for similar homes, a written process for presenting bids, response-time commitments, support if a buyer withdraws, and confirmation of the person who will actually run the file. I’m unsure which of those promises can be tested before appointing anyone.
I’m thinking of giving every agent the same checklist and asking for the total fee in euros. Beyond that, what evidence would help distinguish them? I could request completed sales for similar homes, a written process for presenting bids, response-time commitments, support if a buyer withdraws, and confirmation of the person who will actually run the file. I’m unsure which of those promises can be tested before appointing anyone.