bikesAndEmber
Seller
I’d like to make a credible offer tonight without giving up protections just to look attractive. The obstacle is the evidence: this Denver serviced apartment is listed at $1,350,000, has been available for 19 days and requires work, but the nearby figures I can see are mainly asking prices.
Our proposed opening is 9% under the list price. We can show strong financing and accommodate the seller’s preferred timing, but how much explanation should accompany the number? I’d rather not turn the offer into a catalogue of faults. I also want inspection, financing and appraisal conditions to remain in place and do not want the deposit exposed if one of those checks fails. Is that position too defensive?
Our proposed opening is 9% under the list price. We can show strong financing and accommodate the seller’s preferred timing, but how much explanation should accompany the number? I’d rather not turn the offer into a catalogue of faults. I also want inspection, financing and appraisal conditions to remain in place and do not want the deposit exposed if one of those checks fails. Is that position too defensive?