emery_grove
Buyer
I'd rather ask now than guess later. After the deposit and estimated closing costs, I'd have roughly €24,840 left when buying a 1-bed country home in Rotterdam for around €1,270,000.
The inspection may uncover ordinary first-year work. How would you divide that buffer among emergency savings, moving costs, immediate repairs and furniture? I also need to account for any service charges, the insurance excess and the first mortgage payment. Furniture can wait; roofs and boilers generally can't. I'd rather buy below my maximum than turn every small defect into a financial emergency.
The inspection may uncover ordinary first-year work. How would you divide that buffer among emergency savings, moving costs, immediate repairs and furniture? I also need to account for any service charges, the insurance excess and the first mortgage payment. Furniture can wait; roofs and boilers generally can't. I'd rather buy below my maximum than turn every small defect into a financial emergency.