Guess the eventual sale price of this 5-bed coastal home

PlainStory

Property investor
Established
Treat the 84 days as evidence of negotiating room, or treat five bedrooms near the coast as support for the price. Neither approach feels secure without knowing local supply or whether the seller has already reduced the figure.

The home is 175 m², in average condition and listed at ₹107,300,000. Give one predicted sale price and identify the two details behind it. If your estimate depends on coastal insurance or earlier reductions, say what listing record or other fact you would want to verify.
 
₹99,500,000. My two factors are the 84 days on market and average condition. Neither proves the home is overpriced, but together they suggest buyers have resisted the current ask.
 
₹103,000,000. I’m leaning on the 175 m² floor area and five-bedroom count. That is a lot of bedrooms within the stated area, so the layout could matter as much as the headline size.
 
To expand on that: dividing 175 m² across five bedrooms leaves less room for shared space than the bedroom count initially implies. It may be perfectly efficient, but I wouldn’t automatically price it like a more spacious five-bed.
 
Was ₹107,300,000 the original asking price, or has it already been reduced? That would change how I interpret the 84 days. My ₹99,500,000 assumes there hasn’t yet been a meaningful reduction.
 
I don’t have a price-reduction history, insurance quote or completed comparable sale to add, so treat those as unknown rather than favourable or unfavourable. The sparse information is intentional—I want to see how differently everyone handles the same five facts.
 
₹96,600,000. The asking price supplies the anchor, while 84 days without a known sale gives me room for a fairly firm discount. I wouldn’t go lower without evidence of repeated reductions.
 
₹104,000,000. I think some guesses are over-penalising the 84 days when we know nothing about local supply. My two usable facts are the ₹107,300,000 ask and 175 m²; the missing local context makes me stay relatively close.
 
Keeping that number. Five bedrooms may widen the buyer pool for some households, but it can also narrow it if buyers at this price expect more floor area per room. That ambiguity is another reason I wouldn’t apply a huge discount.
 
₹100,000,000. Average condition is my first factor, because a buyer may allow for work after completion. The second is the coastal setting: insurance could affect affordability, although without an actual quote I’m treating that only as uncertainty.
 
₹101,500,000, based on 175 m² and the five-bedroom configuration. Do we know whether that area is arranged efficiently? A five-bed with cramped shared rooms and a five-bed with a strong layout could attract very different offers.
 
That’s the central weakness in using floor area alone. Still, the listing says average condition rather than poor condition, so I don’t see support for assuming a major renovation. My ₹96,600,000 is mainly a market-time discount, not a rebuilding allowance.
 
₹93,500,000. I’m the bear here: 84 days plus average condition. If buyers loved the value at ₹107,300,000, I would expect the seller to have had stronger leverage by now, though the absent supply data is a real caveat.
 
That feels too low without evidence of earlier reductions or a failed deal. Time on market can reflect an ambitious seller as easily as a deeply flawed property. I’d discount the ask, but not infer distress from 84 days alone.
 
₹97,750,000. My drivers are the asking price and average condition. The word “average” is subjective, though; if it only means dated finishes, this may be low, whereas deferred structural work would make it optimistic.
 
₹105,000,000. The five-bedroom count and asking price carry most weight for me. With no figure for competing local supply, I’m unwilling to treat 84 days as automatically negative—an unusual coastal home can simply take longer to match with a buyer.
 
Fair, but scarcity cuts both ways: we haven’t been told there are few alternatives either. That’s why I’d rather let the observed 84 days influence the estimate than assume the property is unusual enough to justify almost the full ask.
 
The most useful additions after everyone locks in a number would be the original asking price, any reduction dates and one genuinely comparable completed sale. Those would help distinguish ordinary marketing time from resistance to this particular price.
 
I’m staying at ₹99,500,000. The insurance angle is interesting, but without a premium or coverage detail it shouldn’t outweigh facts we actually have. Average condition and 84 days remain the cleaner signals.
 
₹98,800,000. I’m using 84 days and the coastal location. Not because coastal automatically means uninsurable—it doesn’t—but because unresolved insurance costs can make buyers more cautious in the relevant jurisdiction.
 
Back
Top