sanna_titles
Homeowner
KES 3,999,000 sounds like a meaningful reserve, but one expensive handover issue could change that quickly. The purchase under consideration is a 2-bed new-build flat in Nairobi priced around KES 178,700,000.
That cash would need to cover moving, urgent inspection findings, the insurance excess, furniture and ordinary emergencies. I am unsure whether to ring-fence most of it or buy below my limit and keep a larger margin. Before allocating anything, which handover documents or confirmed charges should I obtain, and how would you divide the balance once those figures are known?
That cash would need to cover moving, urgent inspection findings, the insurance excess, furniture and ordinary emergencies. I am unsure whether to ring-fence most of it or buy below my limit and keep a larger margin. Before allocating anything, which handover documents or confirmed charges should I obtain, and how would you divide the balance once those figures are known?