The seller sees “as-is” as a commitment not to seek concessions, while I understood it to set the price without removing our inspection exit. Both readings seem plausible, but the contract language must decide it.
The inspection has raised a potentially expensive defect that could affect financing. There is also an unresolved energy-label question, and I do not know whether that belongs under inspection, appraisal or the loan condition. Before the response deadline, should we simply request the missing information, reserve our rights, or decide whether to withdraw? I also want to understand the deposit risk if the valuation creates an appraisal gap. Would completed comparables be relevant now, or only if we later propose a credit?
The inspection has raised a potentially expensive defect that could affect financing. There is also an unresolved energy-label question, and I do not know whether that belongs under inspection, appraisal or the loan condition. Before the response deadline, should we simply request the missing information, reserve our rights, or decide whether to withdraw? I also want to understand the deposit risk if the valuation creates an appraisal gap. Would completed comparables be relevant now, or only if we later propose a credit?