finch.wide
Buyer
I can treat vacant homes as motivated-sale opportunities, or exclude them because poor condition may be driving buyers away. Neither approach seems reliable without knowing what actually sold.
My Johannesburg sample covers detached homes marketed from ZAR 8,008,000 to ZAR 12,010,000. It shows movement of -5.4% and a median of roughly 116 days, but the properties vary enough in condition to weaken the comparison. Should I match vacant and occupied homes against recent completed sales and first price-cut dates, or is buyer financing likely to matter more than occupancy when testing negotiating leverage?
My Johannesburg sample covers detached homes marketed from ZAR 8,008,000 to ZAR 12,010,000. It shows movement of -5.4% and a median of roughly 116 days, but the properties vary enough in condition to weaken the comparison. Should I match vacant and occupied homes against recent completed sales and first price-cut dates, or is buyer financing likely to matter more than occupancy when testing negotiating leverage?