I am torn between treating financing costs as the main constraint and treating ambitious seller pricing as the better explanation. The Lyon small multifamily properties I am comparing are offered from €625,600 to €938,400, with a reported 8.5% movement and about 70 days on market.
Condition appears to affect negotiations substantially, but I first need to establish what the 8.5% actually measures. If it concerns completed prices, I would compare sales within a tightly defined neighbourhood and separate vacant buildings from tenanted ones. If it is based on asking prices, I would instead follow reductions, withdrawals and new-listing volume before drawing conclusions about demand. For anyone seeing a similar pattern, which Lyon area and building type are you using, and is your evidence from sales or listings?
Condition appears to affect negotiations substantially, but I first need to establish what the 8.5% actually measures. If it concerns completed prices, I would compare sales within a tightly defined neighbourhood and separate vacant buildings from tenanted ones. If it is based on asking prices, I would instead follow reductions, withdrawals and new-listing volume before drawing conclusions about demand. For anyone seeing a similar pattern, which Lyon area and building type are you using, and is your evidence from sales or listings?