A 4.7% gross yield leaves little room for a missed expense, and property tax is my main concern. The property is a 1-bed duplex in Madrid at €1,155,000, with projected rent of €4,510 per month.
I have allowed separately for empty periods, management, day-to-day repairs and a larger maintenance event. I still need to pin down property tax, community charges, insurance and any likely building contributions. The rent also needs checking against achieved rents rather than current advertisements.
For comparing this with other investments, would you calculate net yield before financing on the full acquisition cost? What range of overlooked ownership costs would make you stop pursuing it?
I have allowed separately for empty periods, management, day-to-day repairs and a larger maintenance event. I still need to pin down property tax, community charges, insurance and any likely building contributions. The rent also needs checking against achieved rents rather than current advertisements.
For comparing this with other investments, would you calculate net yield before financing on the full acquisition cost? What range of overlooked ownership costs would make you stop pursuing it?