I can cope with losing the deal, but not with taking on an obligation whose cost I cannot establish. The property is a Miami new-build flat advertised at $385,000 after 104 days, although some parts apparently still require updating. Similar nearby listings provide context, but the completed-sale evidence I have found is too limited to support a confident value.
I am considering $369,600 as an opening offer, which is 4% under the asking price. I could provide clear financing evidence and accommodate the seller’s preferred completion timing, while keeping the explanation focused on marketing time, uncertain sale evidence and the cost of the work.
What should I verify before sending it? The scope of the updates, meaning of the reference to lease length, inspection findings and financing documents all seem capable of changing the price. I would also want protection around appraisal, financing and inspection, clarity on deposit exposure, and a defined response period. If repairs are confirmed, would a credit be cleaner than trying to estimate them through the initial discount?
I am considering $369,600 as an opening offer, which is 4% under the asking price. I could provide clear financing evidence and accommodate the seller’s preferred completion timing, while keeping the explanation focused on marketing time, uncertain sale evidence and the cost of the work.
What should I verify before sending it? The scope of the updates, meaning of the reference to lease length, inspection findings and financing documents all seem capable of changing the price. I would also want protection around appraisal, financing and inspection, clarity on deposit exposure, and a defined response period. If repairs are confirmed, would a credit be cleaner than trying to estimate them through the initial discount?