The margin looks thin once the less predictable costs are included. The property is a Milan 2-bed duplex priced at €266,800, with projected rent of €981 a month. It has been listed for 32 days, and the basic calculation gives a 4.4% gross yield.
I have allowed for empty periods, agent fees, routine upkeep and a major repair, but I still lack a firm insurance figure. Tenant changes could also mean extra cleaning, furnishing and reletting costs. Before proceeding, I plan to request the condominium accounts, insurance responsibilities and evidence that €981 is achievable. Is there another recurring cost that should have its own line rather than sit inside a general allowance?
I have allowed for empty periods, agent fees, routine upkeep and a major repair, but I still lack a firm insurance figure. Tenant changes could also mean extra cleaning, furnishing and reletting costs. Before proceeding, I plan to request the condominium accounts, insurance responsibilities and evidence that €981 is achievable. Is there another recurring cost that should have its own line rather than sit inside a general allowance?