Getting this wrong could leave me paying heavily either now in charges or later when the rate resets. The quote is 7.14% fixed for five years on a Singapore purchase of about S$629,800, and the lender’s fees and lending tier make the headline number less helpful than I expected.
Should I compare offers by cash paid over those five years and the balance remaining at the end, rather than relying mainly on APR? I may also move or refinance, so I’m checking early-exit costs and whether portability is genuinely available for a future property. How would you test those terms and the payment risk after year five?
Should I compare offers by cash paid over those five years and the balance remaining at the end, rather than relying mainly on APR? I may also move or refinance, so I’m checking early-exit costs and whether portability is genuinely available for a future property. How would you test those terms and the payment risk after year five?