I need to decide shortly whether to keep negotiating this Madrid mortgage or start again with other lenders. The property price is €501,400, and the offer in front of me is 7.70% fixed for 30 years. It initially looked reasonable, but the rate actually available at my LTV and the added fees make it much less attractive than the advertisement suggested.
How would you compare it fairly with alternatives: model the cost over my likely ownership period, use APR as the first filter, or focus on the lender’s full payment schedule? I also need to establish what happens if I repay early, move the loan to another property or lose the fixed terms during that process. I’m planning to request a written cost breakdown using the exact loan amount and LTV before deciding.
How would you compare it fairly with alternatives: model the cost over my likely ownership period, use APR as the first filter, or focus on the lender’s full payment schedule? I also need to establish what happens if I repay early, move the loan to another property or lose the fixed terms during that process. I’m planning to request a written cost breakdown using the exact loan amount and LTV before deciding.