My main constraint is that I may sell or refinance before a fixed term ends, so the cheapest three-year illustration may not be the cheapest route for me.
The quote is 3.30% fixed for three years on a Stockholm purchase of roughly SEK 13,050,000. Once the lender applied its fee structure and loan-to-value band, the headline comparison stopped being very useful.
I can see the appeal of ranking offers by total cost over three years, but I think the exit terms may deserve equal weight. If I am likely to keep the loan throughout, I would compare interest and every fee on identical repayment assumptions. If an earlier move is realistic, I would instead give more weight to early-repayment charges, portability conditions and the cost of refinancing. Is there a better way to combine those two cases without relying on APR alone?
The quote is 3.30% fixed for three years on a Stockholm purchase of roughly SEK 13,050,000. Once the lender applied its fee structure and loan-to-value band, the headline comparison stopped being very useful.
I can see the appeal of ranking offers by total cost over three years, but I think the exit terms may deserve equal weight. If I am likely to keep the loan throughout, I would compare interest and every fee on identical repayment assumptions. If an earlier move is realistic, I would instead give more weight to early-repayment charges, portability conditions and the cost of refinancing. Is there a better way to combine those two cases without relying on APR alone?