I would prefer the certainty of a long fix, but the current offer is difficult to justify: 7.87% fixed for 15 years on a purchase near Birmingham at about £936,000. The headline advertisement looked cheaper, while the arrangement fee and my actual LTV band produced a different result.
I am trying to compare the cost over the period I am likely to keep the loan rather than assuming I will refinance successfully. For example, a lower monthly payment may not be better if a large fee is added to the balance. Which measure would you use for the decision, and how much weight should portability and early-repayment restrictions carry?
I am trying to compare the cost over the period I am likely to keep the loan rather than assuming I will refinance successfully. For example, a lower monthly payment may not be better if a large fee is added to the balance. Which measure would you use for the decision, and how much weight should portability and early-repayment restrictions carry?