I want to make a credible $603,000 offer without trading away inspection, financing or appraisal protection to get it accepted. The obstacle is the evidence: this Boston student-housing property is listed at $670,000, has been on the market for 79 days and requires updates, yet there are too few useful completed sales for me to pin down value confidently.
The 10% reduction would be supported by the condition and limited sales evidence, not by a claim that 79 days proves the seller is desperate. I can provide clean financing and accommodate the seller’s preferred completion date. I am prepared to walk away, particularly if the alternative is an unpriced repair, appraisal or deposit risk. How brief should the explanation be, and what deposit exposure would be sensible while those protections remain in place?
The 10% reduction would be supported by the condition and limited sales evidence, not by a claim that 79 days proves the seller is desperate. I can provide clean financing and accommodate the seller’s preferred completion date. I am prepared to walk away, particularly if the alternative is an unpriced repair, appraisal or deposit risk. How brief should the explanation be, and what deposit exposure would be sensible while those protections remain in place?