I would like to open near $387,000 while keeping the offer credible, but the lack of solid completed comparables makes that difficult to justify. The New York apartment is listed at $435,000, has been available for 76 days and requires updating. Similar nearby asking prices do not show what buyers have actually paid.
My financing is arranged, and I can accommodate the seller on the completion date. Is an opening roughly 11% under the list price reasonable if I support it with the limited sales evidence and estimated work, rather than criticising the apartment? I am not willing to remove inspection or financing protection merely to describe the offer as clean.
Before submitting, I plan to ask about earlier offers and any failed transaction. I also need to decide on a sensible response deadline and review the appraisal-gap, repair-credit and deposit terms. Which of those would most affect how the seller assesses the offer?
My financing is arranged, and I can accommodate the seller on the completion date. Is an opening roughly 11% under the list price reasonable if I support it with the limited sales evidence and estimated work, rather than criticising the apartment? I am not willing to remove inspection or financing protection merely to describe the offer as clean.
Before submitting, I plan to ask about earlier offers and any failed transaction. I also need to decide on a sensible response deadline and review the appraisal-gap, repair-credit and deposit terms. Which of those would most affect how the seller assesses the offer?