lina_brooks
First-time buyer
The seller is asking $1,120,000, and I’m hesitant to meet that figure without stronger evidence from completed sales. The Chicago country home has been listed for 61 days, needs some updating, and similar nearby properties are being advertised around the same level, but asking prices only tell me so much.
I’m considering an opening offer of $1,064,000, which is 5% under the list price. Our financing is sound and we can accommodate the seller’s preferred completion timing. Would you keep the explanation limited to condition, market time and the thin comparable evidence? I’m also unsure how long a response deadline should be.
I would retain inspection and financing protections. If the appraisal comes in low, should the offer set a limit on any gap now, or leave that discussion until there is a valuation?
I’m considering an opening offer of $1,064,000, which is 5% under the list price. Our financing is sound and we can accommodate the seller’s preferred completion timing. Would you keep the explanation limited to condition, market time and the thin comparable evidence? I’m also unsure how long a response deadline should be.
I would retain inspection and financing protections. If the appraisal comes in low, should the offer set a limit on any gap now, or leave that discussion until there is a valuation?