Getting the offer wrong could either end the negotiation early or leave me paying too much without adequate protection. I’m considering a San Francisco villa at $185,000 that has been listed for 45 days and needs updating. An 8% reduction would put my opening figure at about $170,200, but similar active listings do not tell me what completed deals have achieved.
Before submitting anything, I plan to ask about earlier reductions, rejected offers and the seller’s preferred completion timing. I can provide financing proof and accommodate their timetable if that has genuine value. How would you connect the price to the condition and available evidence without producing a list of minor faults? I’d also like views on retaining inspection, appraisal and financing contingencies, as well as limiting deposit exposure if an expensive issue emerges.
Before submitting anything, I plan to ask about earlier reductions, rejected offers and the seller’s preferred completion timing. I can provide financing proof and accommodate their timetable if that has genuine value. How would you connect the price to the condition and available evidence without producing a list of minor faults? I’d also like views on retaining inspection, appraisal and financing contingencies, as well as limiting deposit exposure if an expensive issue emerges.