I want the advertised 6.9% yield to hold up, but the rent assumption is the main obstacle. This is a 3-bedroom country home in Osaka priced at ¥146,100,000, with expected monthly rent of ¥836,000. That produces ¥10,032,000 a year before any costs.
My model deducts vacancy, management fees, routine upkeep and a reserve for a substantial repair. It looks acceptable in a normal year and much weaker once I allow for slower tenant replacement or higher management expense. I have not yet established whether ¥836,000 reflects signed comparable rents or only current advertisements.
What else should be a separate line rather than absorbed into a broad expense allowance—property tax, insurance, leasing costs or something specific to this type of home? I’d also be interested in how others set a minimum net return: one threshold if the rent is supported by completed leases, and a higher one if demand depends on a narrow tenant pool.
My model deducts vacancy, management fees, routine upkeep and a reserve for a substantial repair. It looks acceptable in a normal year and much weaker once I allow for slower tenant replacement or higher management expense. I have not yet established whether ¥836,000 reflects signed comparable rents or only current advertisements.
What else should be a separate line rather than absorbed into a broad expense allowance—property tax, insurance, leasing costs or something specific to this type of home? I’d also be interested in how others set a minimum net return: one threshold if the rent is supported by completed leases, and a higher one if demand depends on a narrow tenant pool.