Relisting too quickly could preserve momentum, but it could also send us back into the same financing problem with another buyer. Our Paris sale stopped several weeks into the process when the purchaser failed to meet the finance condition. No inspection issue caused the collapse, although future buyers will understandably ask why the property returned.
I am leaning toward a brief pause: confirm whether the failure was specific to that buyer or connected to the lender’s valuation, review the document package, and prepare a clear explanation before going back to market. If the agreed value was the issue, recent completed comparables may matter more than simply refreshing the listing.
For the next offer, how would you balance price against verified funding, finance conditions and achievable deadlines? The response date felt much more consequential once we were actually waiting on it. I would also like to understand whether repair credits, deposit treatment or other terms should be reviewed under the French process before we accept again.
I am leaning toward a brief pause: confirm whether the failure was specific to that buyer or connected to the lender’s valuation, review the document package, and prepare a clear explanation before going back to market. If the agreed value was the issue, recent completed comparables may matter more than simply refreshing the listing.
For the next offer, how would you balance price against verified funding, finance conditions and achievable deadlines? The response date felt much more consequential once we were actually waiting on it. I would also like to understand whether repair credits, deposit treatment or other terms should be reviewed under the French process before we accept again.