The surprising part was how quickly the advertised 8.2% became less convincing once I converted it into likely cash flow. This is a 4-bed coastal-style home in Phoenix at $1,115,000, with projected rent of $7,581 a month, or $90,972 a year.
I can allow for vacancy and ordinary repairs, but broad percentages may hide the costs that matter here. I still need the address-specific property-tax record, an insurance quote, realistic management charges and evidence of recent cooling-system work. I also need to establish whether $7,581 is rent already being collected or simply a projection.
Would you first test the property without debt and then add the intended financing, or judge it directly on net cash flow after loan payments? I am trying to distinguish a modest property-level return from a deal that becomes negative once financing and a major repair coincide.
I can allow for vacancy and ordinary repairs, but broad percentages may hide the costs that matter here. I still need the address-specific property-tax record, an insurance quote, realistic management charges and evidence of recent cooling-system work. I also need to establish whether $7,581 is rent already being collected or simply a projection.
Would you first test the property without debt and then add the intended financing, or judge it directly on net cash flow after loan payments? I am trying to distinguish a modest property-level return from a deal that becomes negative once financing and a major repair coincide.