AED 977 is the monthly gap driving the decision. The detached home could perhaps be marketed around AED 10,950, while the current tenant pays AED 9,973 and has a strong record of paying on time and looking after the place.
Matching the higher asking figure sounds attractive, but vacancy, preparation work and a disputed deposit could consume much of the difference. I am leaning toward a smaller adjustment if comparable homes genuinely match this one and the maintenance history is clean. If the evidence is weak or significant work is approaching, retaining the tenant may be worth more than pursuing the full gap.
Before raising anything with them, I will verify the current Dubai rules governing the permitted increase and notice.
Matching the higher asking figure sounds attractive, but vacancy, preparation work and a disputed deposit could consume much of the difference. I am leaning toward a smaller adjustment if comparable homes genuinely match this one and the maintenance history is clean. If the evidence is weak or significant work is approaching, retaining the tenant may be worth more than pursuing the full gap.
Before raising anything with them, I will verify the current Dubai rules governing the permitted increase and notice.