zane_heath
Property investor
I’d like the rent to make this workable. The obstacle is how quickly the margin disappears once owner costs are included.
The listing is for a 5-bed property in Berlin, described as a coastal home, at €993,600. Expected rent is €4,060 a month, or €48,720 annually, which produces a gross yield of about 4.9%. I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and one substantial repair, but property tax and financing sensitivity remain uncertain.
Before going further I also need to confirm what the unusual property description means and whether the quoted rent includes running costs. Which Berlin expense would you insist on pricing from an actual bill or quote, and at what net return would this begin to look worthwhile?
The listing is for a 5-bed property in Berlin, described as a coastal home, at €993,600. Expected rent is €4,060 a month, or €48,720 annually, which produces a gross yield of about 4.9%. I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and one substantial repair, but property tax and financing sensitivity remain uncertain.
Before going further I also need to confirm what the unusual property description means and whether the quoted rent includes running costs. Which Berlin expense would you insist on pricing from an actual bill or quote, and at what net return would this begin to look worthwhile?