Getting this wrong could leave us with a first rental that shows a 5.4% gross yield but produces little or no cash after financing and building costs. The property is a 4-bed London apartment priced at £315,900, with projected rent of £1,418 per month.
I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary repairs and a maintenance reserve. Even so, a seemingly sound apartment could be undermined by high service charges, planned communal works or a lease that restricts lending and resale. I also need to confirm whether £1,418 assumes a single tenancy or room-by-room letting. Which figures would you verify before deciding whether the remaining net return is adequate?
I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary repairs and a maintenance reserve. Even so, a seemingly sound apartment could be undermined by high service charges, planned communal works or a lease that restricts lending and resale. I also need to confirm whether £1,418 assumes a single tenancy or room-by-room letting. Which figures would you verify before deciding whether the remaining net return is adequate?