I need to decide soon whether this is worth pursuing, and the trade-off is a seemingly stable property against a very thin return. It is a 3-bed condo in Rome at €556,600, with projected rent of €1,474 a month. On the headline numbers, the gross yield is about 3.2%.
This would be our first rental. I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and an occasional major bill, but condo charges could still turn an acceptable forecast into a poor one. Insurance and the cost of tenant changes are less certain as well.
Would you reject the deal at this yield, or continue only if the charge history and achieved-rent evidence come back clean? I’m particularly interested in the building-level expense that first-time landlords tend to miss.
This would be our first rental. I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and an occasional major bill, but condo charges could still turn an acceptable forecast into a poor one. Insurance and the cost of tenant changes are less certain as well.
Would you reject the deal at this yield, or continue only if the charge history and achieved-rent evidence come back clean? I’m particularly interested in the building-level expense that first-time landlords tend to miss.